Before applying, make sure you understand and accept all of the expectations, terms and conditions explained on this page. Be sure that you review, our sample participation agreement. If you are admitted into the next session you will have to sign a similar document, though the terms and conditions of participation may differ. A completed application creates no binding agreement between potential participant and Academy Pittsburgh, LLC. We’re happy to discuss any concerns applicants have about this agreement. Send us an email to setup a call or meeting.
Starts: Feb 24th, 2020
Ends: May 15th, 2020
Location: Five Star Development
Days & Times:
Mon – Thu | 9 AM to 5 PM
Fri | 9 AM to 12 PM
Starts: Sep 21st, 2020
Ends: Dec 11th, 2020
Days & Times:
Mon – Thu | 9 AM to 5 PM
Fri | 9 AM to 12 PM
Academy Pittsburgh is accepting applications on a rolling basis for our upcoming developer bootcamps. The application includes logic questions, as well as uploads to Github and YouTube. Applicants with scores that qualify may have to participate in an in-person interview prior to final session selection. Here are some important facts to consider before applying:
- Bootcamps are difficult and time intensive. Participants of the all-day bootcamp can expect between 50-60 hours of work each week.
- Generally, about 75% of the time requirement is spent in class working as a team on problems. The remaining 25% of time is independent work done outside of class.
- The application and interview are the only prerequisites.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for Session #9 through 9/23/2019 or until the session is full.
- Participants attending Academy Pittsburgh developer bootcamps must sign our participation agreement if they are accepted. A previous version of this document is available to review. Updated versions with new terms will be available for consideration for Session #10 on 1/1/2020.
- The location of Session #9 will be on the Northside of Pittsburgh at Five Star Development.
- Academy Pittsburgh implements an income share agreement (ISA). You can learn more about ISA’s here. Generally, the terms of our ISA are as follows and are subject to change session to session.
- Total course hours are 372. Sessions meet daily 9AM to 5PM, Monday through Thursday. And, 9AM to noon on Friday.
Income Share Agreement (“ISA”)
- A Placement fee (“Placement Fee”) of ten percent (10%) of Participant’s post-program gross income paid on a monthly basis.
- Placement Fee commences when Participant has monthly income that is annualized at $45,000 or more (“Minimum Income Threshold”).
- Once the Minimum Income Threshold occurs, the aggregate of all monthly income is used for purposes of the calculation and not the excess above the Minimum Income Threshold. By way of example, if the Minimum Income Threshold is $3,750 for a month and Participant earns $4,750 in that month, the Placement Fee is $475 ($4,750 x .10), and not $100 ($1,000 [$4,750 – $3,750] x .10).
- The Placement Fee paid by Participant is capped at $16,000 (“Payment Cap”).
- The Term Length is 24 complete consecutive or complete non consecutive months of employment.
- There are no fees for books, supplies, or student activities.
- There is no application fee.
- There are no interest charges or finance charges.
- The only fee for participation is the Placement Fee as described.
- Students must supply their own laptop. A limited number of laptops are available for borrowing on a first-come-first-served basis. If Participant does not already own a laptop, the estimated expected cost of a new laptop is $500.
- APGH has engaged Vemo (Vemo.com or “Vemo”) as APGH’s agent to manage the Placement Fee paid through the ISA. APGH reserves the right to self-manage or to change the ISA Administrator without notice and Participant remains fully bound to the Placement Fee and the terms hereof.
- If Participant withdraws within the first six (6) weeks of the Session, then a prorated Placement Fee will apply.
- For the One Time Cash Payment option, full payment must occur prior to the Sessions.
- For the ISA option, funds shall be paid in calendar monthly payments, due on the first day by the ISA Master Servicer’s calendar month or in accordance with a later date in the month as implemented by Vemo. Payment of the Placement Fee shall continue through twenty-four (24) months (“Payment Term” “Maximum Number of Payments”) regardless of whether Placements are contiguous or noncontiguous.
Academy Pittsburgh offers no certification and makes no promise of future employment. Legal Stuff: Academy Pittsburgh (“AP“) bootcamp participant understands all of the following: AP is a facilitator for the information that you will receive in the sessions, based upon a specific set of task completions requested by the instructor. Although you may improve your abilities by attending the informational sessions, AP does not represent or warrant that your abilities will improve, or that you will be additionally qualified for employment. You will not receive any compensation for your attendance; attendance is voluntary for so long as you choose to attend. No employment or other opportunities are represented or warranted, either with AP or its partners.You understand and consent that your attendance, subjective evaluations and any testing results may be disclosed to partners and grant administrators, solely for AP’s evaluation of the session conditions and you release AP from making any such disclosures. You will be asked to sign AP’s session participation agreement prior to attending the session. Your image and likeness will be used in promotional material associated with the marketing of Academy Pittsburgh.